- Rebecca Marshall
Duck and Mango Salad
A few summer's ago I was at a beautiful countryside pub with my mum when I tried the most amazing summer fresh Duck and Mango salad. It was a taste explosion and ever since I've been determined to re-create it but with fresh and 'clean' ingredients only. This week I managed to finally do just that - and here is my recipe if you would like a crack at it yourself!
1 x Free Range Organic Duck Breast
1 x Large Mango
A Handful of green beans chopped in half
A handful of Cashew Nuts
A sprinkle of Pomegranate Seeds
A sprinkle of Sesame Seeds
Juice of 1 Lime
1 tablespoon of raw runny honey
1/2 a chopped chilli (or dried crushed chilli)
A sprinkle of chopped fresh Mint leaves
1. Sear the duck breast in a hot frying pan with a splash of coconut oil until it is all crispy and golden brown on the outside, turning once.
2. Pop the duck breast in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
3. Boil or steam your green beans for 10mins, then chuck into a big bowl.
4. Slice up your mango and also chuck into the bowl.
5. Lightly toast your cashew nuts, and add to your salad mix
6. To make the dressing - juice one lime, sprinkle in the chilli, pour in the honey and chuck in the chopped mint leaves.
7. Once the duck is crispy and cooked take out the oven and 'shred', then mix it with the other ingredients.
Pour over the dressing and mix up with a spoon, sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds and sesame seeds to serve. WAH-LAHH!