Raspberry and Almond Honey Tart
This little 'tart of dreams' is made of five wonderful natural ingredients, it is gluten free and refined sugar free - so you can feel guilt free munching away on it as a little sweet treat! You will need a mixing bowl for this recipe and a decent sized tart dish approximately 20cm - 26cm in diameter.
200g of Ground Almonds
50g of Coconut Oil (melted)
1 tbsp of Good quality sweet honey
1 x free range large organic egg
3 x free range organic eggs
150g of Good Quality sweet honey
120g of Ground Almonds
75g of Coconut Oil (melted)
50g Butter (melted)
2 large handfuls of fresh Raspberries
The crusty crust:
1. In a small saucepan, gently heat 50g of coconut oil until it is melted (do not let it boil) with one tablespoon of honey.
2. Whilst this is melting measure out 200g of Ground almonds and but in a mixing bowl.
3. Pour in the melted coconut oil - honey mix to your ground almonds, and beat in 1 egg until it forms a pastry / dough consistency.
4. Grease your tart dish and mould your almond crust around the dish so that there are no 'fat' parts of pastry anywhere and all feels and looks pretty even. Prick the base a few times with a fork.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 - 20 mins or until the crust has begun to brown up slightly.
The sweet filling
6. Using the same mixing bowl, pour in the remaining 120g ground almonds.
7. Again melt in a pan the butter and oil with the 150g of honey.
8. Once melted mix in with the ground almonds and beat in the 3 eggs.
9. Once the crust is browned off slightly, remove from the oven and pour in the filling.
10. 'dress' your tart with your raspberries and bake in the oven for a further 25 - 30minutes. Keep an eye on your tart in order not to burn it - different ovens work at different paces!
Whipped cream with orange zest / Coconut vanilla cream / Chilled double cream.