- Rebecca Marshall
Butternut Squash, Kale, Red Onion & Cheddar Pastries
Pastry. My guilty pleasure!
These tasty little bites are great with a salad at lunch - a breakfast on the go - or a tasty afternoon snack with a coffee...if you are into pastry, and into your savouries - this one is a keeper.
1 x pack of Jus'Roll Puff Pastry
1 x Red Onion (Diced thinly)
1/2 x Butternut Squash (cubed)
Handful of Curly Kale (Chopped)
A chunk of Strong Cheddar Cheese
1 x teaspoon Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to Season
1. A a small roasting dish, roast your butternut squash with a little oil for 20 minutes on 180'C.
2. In a frying pan, gently fry your red onion and kale with a little butter.
3. Scatter some flour on a kitchen side and roll out your pastry into a large square.
4. Grate a little cheese onto the pastry and scatter the Kale across.
5. Fold the square in half with two thirds of the kale and cheese inside and roll. Fold again and roll.
6. Roll your Pastry out into a long oblong.
7. Sprinkle your red onion, remaining kale and butternut squash in the centre. Also sprinkle a little grated cheddar and season with salt and pepper lightly.
8. Brush with olive oil and cut into squares.
9. Bake in the oven for approximately 15minutes (or until golden)
Recipe Tip: Keep in an air tight tin in the fridge. These will keep up to 4 days refrigerated. You can always warm them up again in the oven, but they manage to keep their flake and crisp well.