Banana & Raspberry Breakfast loaf
Breakfast is not only my favourite meal of the day, but it is also the most important one for me. My job is physically quite demanding - so I am forever making new brekkie creations that will power me on through till lunch time! I also do all my exercise first thing in the morning, so whatever I have as my breakfast option I usually see as a bit of a 'pat on the back' / reward for after work outs!
This Loaf is a lovely morning treat as it the delightful raspberries in it which not only help aid digestion but a packed full of powerful antioxidants! Sometimes I use blueberries in the loaf...sometimes I use Raspberries - both work very well in this recipe.
100g Organic Wholegrain Spelt Flour
50g Rice Flour
75g Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
2 x Free Range Eggs
2 x Bananas (Mashed)
50g Coconut oil (melted)
50g Butter (melted)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda Powder
1. Melt the Butter and Coconut oil together in a pan on a low heat.
2. Mix together with the Coconut Sugar.
3. Add the eggs until mixed well into a brown liquid.
4. Whilst the mixer is running, slowly add in your flours, baking powder and Bicarb Soda.
5. Once the flour is fully blended add in your mashed banana.
6. Fold in your raspberries or Blueberries and pour mixture into a loaf baking tin.
7. Cook on the middle shelf in the oven for approximately 25 - 35mins on (fan oven) 180'degs.
Serving tip: If I have this in the morning as a brekkie I like to lightly toast the loaf in a dry pan and serve warm with some Yeo Valley Natural Yoghurt and fresh sweet raspberries. This loaf will also keep fresh in a tin for up to 5 days.